For years I have struggled with trying to figure out ways to have a healthier life style. I am not the best cook so I was looking for quick easy healthy recipes. Working full time, taking care of a child and managing his life (homework and activities) can present challenges. Also, going to school myself, I found that cooking wasn’t something I had a lot of time for.
I have discovered that you can still prepare delicious, healthy meals even on those busy nights! Having a few quick easy healthy recipes to turn to can help you to avoid running through a drive thru for fast food. It can also prevent you from coming home and grabbing something unhealthy because you are starving. (this is exactly what I used to do)!
Below are 6 quick easy healthy recipes to help make dinner time a little easier and less hectic when life gets chaotic! The stress can be removed from your evening with a crock pot and/or a little bit of meal preparation!!
- Recipe 1: Quick Easy Healthy Crock Pot Salsa Chicken
- Recipe 2: Quick Easy Healthy Crock Pot Ranch Chicken
- Recipe 3: Healthy Spaghetti Squash
- Recipe 4: Quick Easy Healthy Pizza Zucchini Boats
- Recipe 5: Quick Easy Healthy Ravioli Lasagna
- Recipe 6: Easy Buffalo Chicken Wing Soup
Try these 6 Recipes Below!!
Quick Easy Healthy Crock Pot Salsa Chicken
I absolutely love this recipe! It is quick easy and healthy and can be eaten a variety of different ways depending on what you are in the mood for.
The ingredients that you will need will be: 3 chicken breasts, 2 jars of salsa, shredded cheese (optional), jalapenos (optional), sour cream (optional), rice, pasta and wraps (all optional).
- Place the chicken and salsa in the crock pot and cook for 4-6 hours or until chicken is easy to shred.
- After chicken is cooked you can put it over rice or noodles or in a wrap and top with cheese, sour cream or jalapenos and enjoy!
Quick Easy Healthy Crock Pot Ranch Chicken
This meal is delicious! I have only ever had it over rice, but im sure it would be good in a wrap or over pasta.
The items that you will need will be: 3 chicken breasts, 1 block of cream cheese and 1 ranch packet.
- Place the chicken, cream cheese and ranch packet in the crock pot and cook for 4-6 hours or until chicken is easy to shred.
- After the chicken is cooked you can put it over rice, noodles or put it on a roll and have a sandwich!
Healthy Spaghetti Squash
This is a great alternative to spaghetti and it is a quick easy healthy recipe!
To make this recipe, you will need will be: 1 spaghetti squash cut in half, olive oil, salt, pepper and any spaghetti sauce of your choice.
- Dig out the seeds from the squash to start. Take one half of the spaghetti squash and top with a little bit of olive oil, salt and pepper. Place the squash on a plate, cover with saran wrap and cook in the microwave for 10 minutes. Repeat with 2nd half of the squash.
- Using a fork, remove the spaghetti squash strands from the squash and place in a bowl.
- Top the squash with the spaghetti sauce and anything else you would like such as cheese or chicken .
Quick Easy Healthy Pizza Zucchini Boats
I love to eat this in the summer time. I grow zucchini in my garden so this meal is quick easy healthy, but it is also very inexpensive for me to make.
What you will need will be: 1 zucchini sliced in half long ways, olive oil, salt, pepper, marinara sauce(sauce is optional, you can just use olive oil and butter if you would like)and shredded cheese.
- Dig out the seeds of the zucchini and drizzle each half with olive oil and add a little salt and peer. Top with marinara sauce and shredded cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes uncovered or until the cheese is lightly browning. Remove from oven, let cool for 1 minute and enjoy!
Quick Easy Healthy Ravioli Lasagna
I love lasagna, but it can be very time consuming to make. This recipe is quick easy and just as good!
The ingredients that you will need will be: 1 bag of frozen lasagna, any type of spaghetti sauce, shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Layer a 9×11 ungreased pan with frozen ravioli, spaghetti sauce and shredded mozzarella cheese. Repeat the layering until you reach the top of the pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes covered and 10 minutes uncovered.
- Let cool for 5-7 minutes and serve. I like to make a quick, simple salad to go with this meal.
Easy Buffalo Chicken Wing Soup!
Some people feel as if Chicken Wing soup is unhealthy but if you are one of those people watching their carbs and sugar then this is a perfect recipe for you ! It can be made the night before in a crock pot and then eaten the next night and maybe even a few nights after depending on how many people will be eating it.
I like to buy a rotisserie chicken and cut it up, but if you would rather cook chicken breast and then add it to the soup, that is fine also. I personally think buying a rotisserie chicken that only costs $5.99 is cheaper an saves on time!
You will need the following ingredients to make this: 1 rotisserie chicken (or 3-6 chicken breast cooked and chopped up), 6 cups of half and half, 3 (10.75 ounce) cans of condensed cream of chicken soup, 1 cup of sour cream , 1 cup of hot sauce, 4 carrots diced up, 3 potatoes peeled and cubed (optional), crumbled blue cheese (optional), green onions (optional).
- Combine half-and-half, cream of chicken soup, chicken breast meat, sour cream, hot pepper sauce, carrots, celery, and potatoes in a slow cooler. Cover and cook on Low for 6 1/2 hours, stirring occasionally. After 5 hours, stir in the blue cheese if you desire.
Those are my 6 go to recipes that I feel are quick easy healthy recipes for busy families or just anyone with a busy lifestyle. Most of these recipes make a lot of food that you can have for leftovers just on case you don;t have time to cook the next night (I am a person who loves leftovers)! I hope that you try them and find them as quick and easy as I did!